Friday, September 05, 2008

Oh my pretty pretty yarn, what have you become?

So I knitted for awhile today. Actually for the entire day, I guess. I did get some work done, don't get me wrong. But yeah, it was a knitting fine Friday.

I started off completely knowing what I was doing, but telling any co-workers who asked that I was just messing around. Why ruin the surprise?

Basically, I cast on 25 stitches, then worked in stocknet stitch until the piece measured 10 1/2", then I worked one row for the button hole (instructions that I used can be found here.) Then I purled one row, knitted 1 row, purled one row, knitted 1 row, purled one row, and bind off.

Voila! My cell phone holder/wallet. I kind of like it. Granted I would totally do the top part where the button hole is different next time...I don't like all the folding in of the yarn...decreases on the sides next time. There will be a next time, you know?

Oh yeah, the size phone I made it for was the LG Shine size, and the size needles I used were US 5.
Anywho, thanks for letting me share.

No comments: