Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

It's already Halloween. My co-workers are telling scary stories. I've got a little bit of candy corn left at my desk for people to rub their dirty hands thru to get that perfect piece (I prefer the pumpkins), and no one is dressed up.
Granted I wouldn't have dressed up today anyway- but it's the fact that everyone should have the RIGHT to dress up...if they wanted to.

I kind of did. Well not really. It's jeans Friday so I'm wearing my jeans, rolled up at the bottom, so people can see my pig socks that my friend Heather bought for me while we were dinning at The Machine Shed in Lake Elmo, MN. Oh yeah, I actually got up early enough to put a face on (i.e. wear some make up-which was obviously a bad decision since a co-worker just said I look tired...which I'm not), and I also did my hair...all rock-a-billy style. But then again I often wear my hair like that to work.

I don't know what happened to me. I used to love Halloween. I loved getting scared; I loved seeing people in costumes; I loved picking out my own costume- the minute they were put on sale; I awaited the many trick-or-treaters that never actually showed up to my apartment door...it was just a good old time. I think I know when it all came to a crashing hault though. I was 17. I had dressed up- because that's what you do on Halloween- and gone to my friend Jessica's house (the one I stayed with while on vacation 2 weeks ago). Her little brother was going trick-or-treating, and we went along too. Figured it was the last time ever. We went to one house and the kid (yes kid, younger than me), passing out candy said I was too old and that he wouldn't give me any- which I understood...what 17 year old should be trick-or-treating? So as I'm walking away, I hear an adult in the house say "give her the candy!" and then I get beaned on the head with a tootsie pop. The little sh*t thru candy...at MY HEAD! So yeah, anyway. That was the beginning of the end.

I decided I don't like being scared because of one movie. The Eye. Not the remake with Jessica Alba that just came out. The original, Asian version. Seriously, one of the most terrifying movies I have ever seen. I now have a fear of elevators because of that movie...and small children with baseball hats...and hallways (ok, I actually blame the "6th Sense" for the hallway thing).
But yeah. I guess I just can't handle the "thrill" of it all anymore. I'm a big whimp.

But anyway, if anyone is interested in reading about some scary stuff, either from people who share their own "haunted" experiences or if you're interested if you city has anything scary that has happened... theshadowlands.net/ is the site you need to visit. Don't let the cheesy front page make you stop looking...click around on the tabs at the top. There's some good stuff.

-----
I haven't done anything artsy yet today. But I did work on my dad's present last night...so far it looks pretty cool if I do say so myself.

On to knitting the sock I started yesterday...Have a Happy Halloween...or if you aren't into it...Have a Happy Friday.

No comments: