Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Back

I know everyone missed me. I'll have a more appropriate blog post once I get all of my pictures sorted thru. I'm probably going to break it down by days and spread it out over the rest of the week.
But for now I'll start you with this...

Day 1
Friday October 10th, 2008
Gonzo and I packed our bags, loaded the car and hit the road around 6:30pm. At approximately 6:33pm we turned around and went back home, because we left the deliciousness that are donut sticks, sitting on the counter- that was our breakfast for the week- very important not to forget the 230 calorie snacks.
We decided to take a different route to get up to the great white north (not white just yet), so we went up 75/69 thru Oklahoma to head to Interstate 44. Once it got dark the feeling of sleep soon took over and I started napping thru much of the boringness of Oklahoma (lots of small towns that you have to slow down to get thru-if it wasn't dark I'm sure I would have enjoyed it). I woke up once we reached the Glasshouse McDonald's- former World's Largest McDonald's- that goes over interstate 44. I had the best cheeseburger I have ever eaten at a McDonald's and the worst Fries ever. Gonzo really hated the Big mac that he got as well. Kind of a big dissappointment. We had a good conversation about the EPA and towns that have been wiped off the map because of contamination and pollution, and then I went back to sleep. I woke up around 2:30am, due to the fact of the car coming to a stop. Gonzo had finally decided he had had enough driving for one day and we stopped in at a Fairfield Inn in St. Robert Missouri.
The bed and the pillows turned my "nap" into sleep- and thus concluded day 1 on the road.

No comments: