Friday, April 25, 2008

unrelated- completely

#1. I found an actual photograph of my pig Daisy- I've been meaning to post it for all the world to see. If you were here right now, you could see it because I've taken a picture of the photo with my phone...and she's now my wallpaper. I had a dream last night that I had a pet potbelly pig- but it wasn't really a potbelly pig- she was full size, but she was just a baby with a green harness, and she followed me to work and just waited outside for me until work was done. She was really cute, and oinked a lot. Although my co-workers just kept laughing that I had a pet pig. Strangeness.

#2. I'm getting a lot of requests for drawings lately. Which is fantastic! But I can't help but wonder how this is happening all of a sudden. I mean yeah, I have a website, yeah, I've got window-clings, and jackets, and great friends and family who are spreading the word about the drawings and everything- but I'm so used to hearing "yeah, I'll contact you around Christmas time" that I just assumed I would have to stock pile my vacation time to use between the end of November and the beginning of December to accomidate all of these people. I'm just floored that everyone wants drawings...and NOW...not in 8 months! I'm a little more than excited about all of this, I just don't know how to express that other than blowing up into confetti.

#3. My computer blew up at work yesterday. I was sitting here, minding my own business, checking out TMZ.com attempting to find out if Dave Navarro was kissing a guy or a girl, when I hear a "zzzzzzzapp POP!" and everything quit...then smoke started billowing out of the computer, and I could smell burning electronics.
3a. Burning electronics Stink! The smell kind of made me want to throw up.

#4. So I've had a lot of free time at work (which yes means I should be working on all of those requests I was talking about- but the threat of rain has been every day this week, and I have no way to cover an 11" x 14" drawing tablet to transport from my car to the building, without getting the edges of the paper soaked- so it's been at home- no fear I spend no less than 3 hours a night working on these things- so I'm pretty much getting one drawing done a night), and I've discovered that I'm drawing a mermaid series. My sketchbook is covered with them. I know I said it was those Koi fish- but it's turned into Mermaids. So I think I'm going to have to do that somehow...make a series...digitally painted and post them. We'll see.

#5. I discovered the other day(yeah, I'm behind on the times- go ahead and laugh), that photobucket will print books of your photographs. Ok, I flipped out when I saw that. I'm so excited! What great publicity for ASBTSF, right???!!! Yeah, well- I haven't done it yet. But I thought it would be cool to scan all of my stuff in, or use the photos from my website to put in the book. Then sell them...or give them away (I'm really not even breaking even these days- everything I pay to have done for promotional stuff I give away...one of these days man...)

#6. Freaks and Geeks is quite possibly the best show that has ever been cancelled (2nd only to My So Called Life). I have been 1/2 watching it while drawing the last few nights and it is awesome (Netflix is fantastic, I'm just saying). I think when that was actually on the air I was watching Undeclared on the Fox network- which was also a great show.

#7. I hope my computer never blows up again- not having a computer for an afternoon and all morning makes me turn into a typing demon...and I just so happened to take it out on this blog.

Have a great weekened everyone!

No comments: