Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last day of April

Seeing as how it's April 30th, and I've only supplied you with 2 drawings this month, I felt the need to get on here and explain myself and promise you more in May.

#1. I didn't have any requests besides the house drawing in April, so I didn't have to produce drawings like I have in the past.
#2. I did abandon a drawing of a baby- but it wasn't a requested drawing, nor did the intended receipient know anything about it. She's a friend, and I will draw something for her in the future.
#3. I've been going thru a creative "meaning of life" mind set this month. Everything I start to draw I question. I begin wondering why I'm even drawing anymore, as it seems that anyone who wanted a drawing has already requested one. Or why I draw cars or houses or landscapes when I really enjoy drawing people and animals. This month I have managed to answer those questions- and you'll be happy to know that I'm blaming the lack of requests on the economy, and the reason I draw 'anything' is because I can...simple- I'm not going to over think it.
#4. I have an idea for something new I want to try in the coming months- so bare with me while I try to make it work (that may mean a week or two where I don't post anything, but that doesn't mean I won't have some stuff to show you after the absense.
#5. In May, I plan on doing more drawings, as well as what was mentioned in #4. I'm also getting bit by the knitting bug again (see, warmer weather is approaching, and the knitting side of me takes over)...so if you don't see drawing posts, I'm sure you'll see some knitting posts. Hello, Christmas is right around the corner- have to get started on those presents now!

Anyway, I'm not sure why I made a list with numbers, but whatever. It's the last day of April, and I feel really bad for not posting more art work. This was just a really weird month, full of lots of boredom and free time- however I feel exhausted. I'll push thru it all in May and have some stuff to show you.

Sorry for slacking off.

No comments: