Tuesday, April 28, 2009

E.N.'s House



Title: E.N.'s house

Date Began: 04/10/09

Date Completed: 04/27/09

Media: H, 4H, 2H, 2B, B, 2B pencils on white paper

Size: 8 1/2" x 11"

Description: A co-worker of mine decided I needed a challenge, so he showed me a picture of the house he grew up in and asked me to draw it for him. Houses are difficult to draw- I can tell you that now. He claims that it looks exactly like his house- which I'm happy about. This was the first house I've ever drawn. It took me several tries, several curse words, and lots of practice with my eraser to complete this. I know I said in an earlier post, that I didn't want to draw houses again. I re-tract that. I don't want to make houses my focus, or number one thing that I draw. But I would love to draw a house some other time. I think with all of the trial and error I did with this one, I can say- I figured out how to do it a little easier next time.

And because this is only the 2nd drawing I completed in the month of April- I can officially say that I guess April was my vacation month. Hopefully in May I'll have some more goodies to draw and display for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: