Monday, July 28, 2008

Do I have pictures?

No. Why? Because I'm an idiot!
I've been busy, with creating things- I swear! For example. For some reason, around this time of the year (the hottest part of the year), I tend to bring out the knitting stuff. (ex: here) So I've started knitting a purse. I got the pattern from a book called "weekend knitting"- which has a bunch of great patterns. This one however is being altered because it's a checkers/backgammon holder, and I would prefer it to have a pocket on the outside...so that's what I'm doing. So far I'm 70+ rows into the front of the purse (and only screwed up on 3 of those rows!!)...I still have to go and knit the back, the strap, sew on buttons...make a linning...ok, you'll get pictures when it's finished...in the year 2012.
Also- I knitted 2 black hats this past week and weekend. One of the hats is called a "roll brim hat", I got the recipe from a blog that I've been reading, which is absolutely histerical- Crazy Aunt Purl (although I have to warn you, there is one blog post that I found myself crying while reading...I was at work people- crying at work is not good). I'm the kind of blog reader, who has to read all the archives before I can start reading the new stuff, so I'm currently on January 2008- it's taken me 2 weeks of work time reading to get that far, and I've laughed out loud, so many times that my co-workers officially think I'm nuts! (especially with the crying) I actually stumbled on the "roll-brim hat" post because I was looking up free patterns for hats, it was the first one that popped up on google. Anyway, totally sidetracked- I made the other hat from a made up pattern, to get the brim, to not roll up, but stay flat. Why don't I have pictures? Because I made them for a guy who my boyfriend works with, who I've been told is kind of a germ-a-phobe, so I wanted to get those suckers into ziplock baggies as quick as possible so I didn't shed on them, or dust didn't manage to weave itself inside the knitting. Thus, knitted goods in ziplock baggies just doesn't photograph as well.
Let's see, what else did I do this weekend? hum....
Oh yeah- I attempted to re-do the header for this here blog. I suck. It didn't work out too well for me, so I'm going to keep attempting to fix it, until it works- in which case you will be able to see that fine work at the top of this blog. There won't be a post needed for that, I assure you.
That may not seem like a lot (or maybe it does, I feel like I could have done so much more this weekend), but with the purse still being unrecognizable, and not taking ANY pictures, I feel I have let whoever actually reads this blog down. I'll take pictures as things progress.
OOOOOHHHHH, yeah, I did also draw one picture last week. It's a Christmas present for my mom, so I can't post pictures yet...not until Christmas. All I can say is I actually colored it with colored pencils. One person down for Christmas presents, 80 to go :P

No comments: