Saturday, July 05, 2008

Eye See You

Yep, that's right. A post I promised that I would make, and a post on a Saturday! What is going on???
Seriously though, I've had a fascination with people who are able to paint in photoshop and make it actually look like they painted with "real" paints, or they paint something in photoshop and make it look realistic.
I can't do that. So I found a book to give me a few tips and tricks that my college education didn't give me (I love that AID showed you a picture of something someone did in a program and tell you at the beginning of the quarter "when you get really good at Photoshop or Illustrator, you too will be able to make something similar to this"...then the entire quarter goes by and they teach you nothing that has to do with "painting" pictures in the program, only how to make textures for video games...)
Anyway, getting over the irritation, the book that I used to help me with photoshop is called "Digital Character Design & Painting The Photoshop CS Edition" by Don Seegmiller
I know I linked it to Amazon- it's probably cheapest there, if you are considering purchasing the book- but also because that's where I bought it. I'm a fan of Amazon.com.
Anyway, back to the actual picture posted- that's my eye. I took a picture of my eye, up close, and painted it using the techniques discussed in the above mentioned book.
I hope to have some more stuff painted in photoshop soon. But like I said, I'm new at it, so it may be awhile before I post anything like this again.

No comments: