Thursday, July 17, 2008

Amy's little girl

Here it is. It's done. It took probably a total of 5 hours for the whole thing. I used H, B, 2B, 4B, and 6B pencils. I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out, but there's only so much cuteness you can capture in a drawing. FYI, the drawing is on the right, photo on the left.

Oddly enough, drawing all of these little babies for everyone, still doesn't make me want any of my own (a baby, not a drawing...I like drawings). I like to be able to sugar them up and hand them back in time for the vomiting and all. I'm evil like that. They are cute in small doses. (Not your baby Amy, I'm sure she's the greatest little kid on the planet!)

Amy actually told me back when we were in High School that I would make the coolest mom if I had kids. That I would let them do anything and be ok with it. While I'm not sure exactly what she meant by that, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that she helped me get out of my house on my 18th birthday and go get a tattoo. A tattoo that is like a "fish tail" to my mom. Every time she tells someone about her unruly daughter's tattoo, it grows. Originally she used to say "my daughter has a tattoo, it's big", now it's progressed to "my daughter has a tattoo, it covers her entire back". Sadly, it's what someone might call a "tramp stamp"...sorry mom!
But seriously, if I have kids, they can totally get a tattoo. You know those parents who take their kids to get their ears pierced when they are like... a day old? Yeah, I'm just going to go take mine when they are a week old to get tattoos. Perhaps that's why I don't need children?

One more...bigger:

No comments: