Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Ford"

Title: "Ford"
Date Began: 01/26/2009
Date Completed: 01/27/2009
Media: mostly 4B pencil, with a little help from a 2B and a 6B for those really dark areas
Size: 8 1/2" x 11" (and this really did take 2 whole days to complete)
Description: On New Years Day this year, Gonzo and I went to a car show in Dallas. And I saw an old Ford, very shiny, very much in the Periwinkle color family- so of course I loved it. It's either a '32 or a '34- I really don't know (I'm bad with the years). I made Gonzo take this picture and I really think he could have cared less about the car because there was 90-bazillion other interesting, less shiny cars around. Anyway, I know I commented in one of my previous posts that it only took a few hours to crank out an 8 1/2" x 11" drawing- but seriously- this was detail heavy, so it really did take almost 16 hours to do. I should really retract my previous comment and say that people portraits take a few hours (the more people in the picture the longer it takes), and that cars...they take days to do. Landscapes...yeah, they take about a week. But that's neither here nor there.

We got off work early today because of icy weather, however it's not icy just yet. I love Texas and the overreactions due to lack of salt trucks...

No comments: