Friday, January 09, 2009

"Annie"

Title: "Annie"
Date Began: 01/06/09
Date Completed: 01/08/09
Media: HB, B, 2B, and 4B pencils on White Ink Jet paper
Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
Description: I contacted an old high school friend of mine via facebook to draw one of her photos posted there. I'm attempting to draw more animals, landscapes, and vehicles this year- so why not start the year off with a horse? I started just blocking out the horse on the 6th, not really sure if I should dive right in or not. I wanted to make sure the proportions were correct and that I didn't have any stray lines going anywhere that would confuse me later. By the night of the 7th I skipped working out (new years resolution is going ok so far) to start adding details to the horse. I started with the ears and the hair and started working my way down the face. By the 8th I worked on it for the first 3 hours of work, and low and behold, discovered that I had finished it. I will be shipping it off to it's new home in Iowa early next week.

No comments: