Saturday, December 27, 2008

bored on a Saturday, time to post pictures

Ah, a relaxing Saturday with time to post some pictures of the projects I've been working on.
I started this blue bird sometime late this past summer.
I had promised my mom since 2000 that I would draw her a picture of this fat, mad looking blue bird- sometime between 2001 and now I managed to lose the picture that she wanted me to draw from...so I found a different blue bird to draw for her.
She likes it.
That's all that matters.
I hadn't really drawn anything with colored pencils since 2007 when I did this one. And once I did, I realized that it was the perfect idea for my dad's drawings.

So in October when Gonzo and I went to Wisconsin, I had him take a bunch of pictures on his fancy-pants camera, and I took some of my own. Once I went thru them all, I found 3 that I liked best, and thought my dad would also like. This tractor was the first one that I saw, and knew that I had to draw ASAP. It took me about 8 hours to complete, all of the little details and getting the correct colors and everything took more time than I thought it would. But I really like how it turned out.
Then there was the important picture that I knew my dad had to have. I had already picked it out to draw when he informed me that he wanted a copy of the photograph. He still hasn't gotten a copy of the photograph, but now he at least has the drawing.

I know that I said there were 3 photos that I had to draw from for my dad, but due to the last minute drawing requests and statue requests, I ran out of time to finish the 3rd one. So, since my dad's birthday is in February, you'll no doubt, get to see the finished product in 2 months...

No comments: