Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's not a scarf...

You read that right. This isn't a scarf. It's actually the very last piece of knitted goodness for the sweater I've been working on for the last 3 weeks. It's one of the sleeves.
So far (I still have to seam the thing), I have worked on this for 34 hours and 26 minutes (minus a few hours on several days that I forgot to hit "clock in" on my clock in app. on my iPod).

Whew! I will say that it did go by quickly, thanks in large part to the lull in actual work at my job. Now they can feel free to give me any projects they need to...because actual work would be slightly awesome.

Anyway. I don't actually know how to seam a sweater together. Whenever I have made animals (which was once), I just used regular thread to sew it together. I have no idea if that is right. If there are any knitters out there, who have several sweaters under their belts (not literally), then please feel free to leave me a comment, because I'm clueless here.

I did join Knittingdaily.com and they sent a tutorial the other day that had a seam done using a crochet hook. But the directions only showed how to do the stitch on one side of knitted goodness, not connecting two sides together, so I'm kind of lost.

Tomorrow, I'm going to draw again. It's the GMC truck that I already drew earlier this month, but the owner saw the picture and he wants it in color. I keep telling people "I don't draw in color", but they just don't listen. So we'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll bypass the white paper this time and draw it on brown paper, color drawings always look so much better on that.

I leave you with one last look at the last sleeve of the sweater (the front, back, and other sleeve are in a giant ziplock baggie at home- waiting for their new sleeve-friend)

No comments: