Friday, September 11, 2009

"Them- the invasion of an Orange truck"

I also need to make note that the photo that I drew this from was taken from the 2008 "Them- the Invasion" car show in Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX. This truck was at the 2009 show, and there are more pictures of it that I may choose to draw from at a later date.

I completed this earlier this week (Wednesday I think- seriously, can't remember exactly- my brain is going). I used HB, 2B, 4B, and 6B pencils. It is an 8 1/2" x 11" on printer paper. (Perhaps I should just start not listing what size it is, unless it's anything other than an 8 1/2" x 11"...seriously, I feel like I'm just wasting typing space by saying it repeatedly.)

I like drawing older vehicles as opposed to the newer style cars. Newer cars just don't look right drawn out on paper. But if I have requests for them (which I do at the moment), I'll happily draw them, and just pretend that they are a 50's era car.

I just completed another drawing today, of a co-workers kids. I'll have to scan it and post it sometime this weekend, if time permits.
Hope everyone had a great short week (if you had Monday off, if not- then I hope it at least felt short).
Have a great weekend!

No comments: