Friday, September 18, 2009

"White Deer"

I started and completed this beast yesterday. It's actually a white deer, which...drawing it on white paper, perhaps I could have tackled it differently...like- maybe just make the background all black, and then a few shadows here and there...but that's not how I roll.
I actually kind of half-assed this one. I was in the "Oh man! It's almost Friday and I haven't drawn anything this week!" state of mind, and decided to just go for it. So while I'm not 100% satisfied with it, I do like the smug look on his face, as well as the placement of the watermark- since his head is held high- like he's proud of "A Shade Better Than Stick Figures"...
Anyway, I'm in a goofy mood today, and don't really want to be at work, but would probably goof off if I was at home, and just watch hours of LA Ink on the DVR, instead of draw or knit or anything that I actually do during the day.
So yeah. Onward with this day!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: