Thursday, January 21, 2010

Caterpillar in Technicolor! Ooooh Aaaahhh...

WARNING: Don't smoke...it's bad for you, causes cancer, and makes your lungs feel bad...not to mention you stink...so...just don't smoke.

Oh yes, I finished it. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I've been working on this for 17+ hours this week just to finish up. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but hey, at least I don't hate it.

But I can't stress enough- don't smoke ok? Just because I drew him smoking doesn't mean it's cool...I mean look at him. All bloated and one eyed and one arm is pretty much rendered useless- just barely holding onto one of the hookah pipe pieces...I mean it's nuts. I even heard that shortly after the completion of this the caterpillar actually died from inhaling...true story. So don't smoke. (Did I mention that smoking makes you stink? If not I really mean to make that a solid point)

Alright. There he is...and a little birdie told me he might actually be up for print sales come March...keep checking the blog, the website, and you'll have to come see him in person at the Funky Finds Spring Fling in March...

6 comments:

Cory & Holly said...

so smoking makes you stink???? is that the point of the drawing? I love it, nonetheless. And I will try not to be pressured into smoking by a bloated, one-eyed caterpillar....

taniamc said...

Yes!!!! Bring on the prints :)

-amber- said...

HA! I was in a snarky mood yesterday and thought I would do the "appropriate" thing and tell the kids it's bad to smoke since I was making art that had smoking...I didn't want them to think that it was cool and run out and buy a pack just because the caterpillar was doing it :P

Tania- prints...hehehe, I'm excited!

Ol' Fred said...

Neat! Great cover for the adult comic book. There has to be more from this series. I can hear the music in the background and definitely see the lights.

Unknown said...

Based solely on the beauty of this drawing, I now smoke five packs a day. Gotta make up for all that time I've wasted by not smoking! :D

-amber- said...

Oddly enough 'Ol Fred- I was considering doing a series (although not adult comic book, more along the lines of the caterpillar in differnet stages of life)

Bryan- 5 packs a day...wow. I'm impressed- but seriously you must stink like crazy! :P Glad the caterpillar had no effect on you what so ever.