Friday, December 18, 2009

Caterpillar

Kind of small, sorry for that. I guess I will have to get this done in Photoshop or Sketchbook pro so you can see it clearer.

Anyway. I was thinking of things to draw today ("my list" was MIA), and I began rummaging around deviantart.com and found a picture that someone drew of their interpretation of Alice from Alice in Wonderland (of course it was a goth girl looking like she was about to jump out of a window...). That made me remember the first time I ever saw Alice in Wonderland- the Disney version. I was probably 3 or 4 and I remember being upset with the Walrus and the Carpenter...but I also remember the very first time I saw the cranky ol' caterpillar breathing his cloud of "Whoooo are Youuuu", and thinking it was the most beautiful character that I had ever seen. Keep in mind, I was 3 or 4, so all of the drug references and the fact that he was smoking meant nothing to me.
Of course I grew up and I'm not a huge fan of smoking, and I really like to exclude cigarettes and "tobacco" from my drawings, but you can't have the caterpillar without his hookah. I just like to think that he was bringing on death, thinking that was the way to turn into a butterfly....or how to get out of wonderland.
Anyway. I'm glad I finally had something to show you that's not a present for someone!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: