Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Post Vacation

I kind of left the blog for a few weeks.  That's not an indication of what is to come for the remainder of the year, but that is telling of the fact that I went out of town...back home, if you will...and didn't feel like connecting.

It was a fantastic two weeks of de-stressing and reconnecting.

I've only lived in CA for 6 months.  To say it's been an easy adjustment would be a lie- contrary to some of the posts on here, day to day life isn't easy.  I know I've mentioned my frustration with the apartment that we live in, previously- It hasn't gotten any better.  To appease me, Gonzo sent me to visit my parents.

For two weeks I enjoyed the quiet solitude of my parents home.  We visited; laughed; napped; ate; crafted and just enjoyed some time together.  Unfortunately the napping was brought on because I showed up sick and then my parents got whatever I had...all was exacerbated by the awesome allergies of North Texas- so I was exhausted pretty much the whole time.

But it was quiet.  The only sound was the meowing of their cat when it wanted attention; the bugs that hit the windows at night, and the thunder of the storms that seemed to be hanging around nearly the entire time I was there.  It was fantastic!    


I have pictures, but they are mostly food from homemade meals or restaurants that we went to.  Some pictures of the flooding that was happening around Dallas on my last day in town.  But I won't be posting them.  It was a nice time back home and I'd like to save those memories for myself.

I can't say that I'm entirely excited to be back in California.  But I'll try to make the most of it.   

  

No comments: