Tuesday, July 14, 2009

For The Birds #3



"For The Birds #3" was finished a few hours ago...only taking up 4 hours out of my day :) It was a great 4 hours!

I will say this- I can't wait to be able to afford my own studio space, and have the time and free will to be able to work on drawings 24/7. Or anytime I want. Right now, is good- but I either draw at work, or become overwhelmed with TV and other "bad" things when at home. The first leading me to feel guilty for drawing- even though I only draw when all other work is done, and the second leads me to dwell on why I can't clean my tiny living room or there's something really not that interesting but mind numbing on the tv so I watch that, instead of focusing on drawing. Enough of that ramble...One day I will have my own studio...mark my words!

But yes, it's my favorite size drawing 8 1/2" x 11", on white printer paper (I just love how smooth it is, no tooth to the paper leaves clean lines- I like it!). I kept it in the "B" family this time, only using 2B, 4B, and a little 6B for the dark areas.

Anyway, I'm out of options to draw things on my own right now. I started to draw these cute cats, and decided I was going to try smudging again (I hate smudging)- so I've pretty much put that piece to the side- as close to the trash as possible. Maybe next weekend, when I go to a car show, I'll get some good pictures to draw from. OR maybe, some people will be nice enough to send some requests in for me to draw from :)

I do have 2 drawings for Sketchbook Pro use...one of them is about 1/2 way complete, and one of them is just sketched on a sticky note- yet to be smoothed out in SKP. I'll show you those when I have them completed. I'm still a newb when it comes to that program, so I'm really shy showing off what I do in it. I feel like I have a lot to learn and none of my stuff looks that good. Oh well.

1 comment:

Dallas Shaw said...

looks great
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com