Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Bel Air" -Picture posted now!


Title: "BelAir"
Date Began: 03/20/09
Date Completed: 03/24/09
Media: HB, B, 2B, 4B pencil on white inkjet printer paper
Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
Description: It's a car.
I've begun to realize that just because I can draw almost anything, or push myself to draw almost anything, doesn't mean that I have to. I love drawing people. I enjoy drawing animals. Landscapes are challenging. I hate drawing cars. HATE drawing cars. I love photographs of cars, particularly old cars...and even those that are artfully photographed. But to draw one. I hate it. So this is probably going to be my last car drawing post.
I think my hatred for the vehicles, stems from my uninterest in straight lines, and the need to use a ruler. I hate rulers. I've got a house to attempt to draw this week/next week and I'm kind of dreading it now that I've come to this realization.

On a completely unrelated note, I just watched Twilight at work! HA! (on my ipod) Oh yeah, and I just found out today that I'm going to Sea World this weekend!!!! Woo Hoo!!! I've never been, and can't quite fathom exactly how large a whale is. I'm very excited.

No comments: