Monday, December 31, 2007

Something Old

Ok, finally something from my past.  I was going threw some old sketch books today, and thought I should post up some stuff while it was handy.
The first picture is a drawing of some famous sons...sorry for the distortion (taking a photo with a digital camera on a curved surface doesn't look too great.)  The one on the left is Rufus Wainwright (spelling on the last name could be wrong- he's a musician)- the one on the right...yeah, I don't remember who that is.  I drew these my senior 
year of high school, sometime in the fall of 2000.  
The next drawing is of Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band.  (sorry if the spelling is wrong on the band name)  I don't particularly care for the band, but I started drawing this picture from a photograph in a Rolling Stone Magazine, back in the fall or spring of 2000.  They were giving tours to the upcoming freshman at our high school, and my art teacher asked several of the current art students to stay after school and draw or paint or sculpt and to interact with the kids and answer any questions they may have for their peers.  Once I finished this drawing I started drawing Dickey Betts, also from The Allman Brothers Band.  I was big into looking at Rolling Stone Magazines for photographs of people.  I think most of my High School art work reflects that, with portraits of musicians, or of instruments, or portraits of famous people.  Anyway, that's all for now, I have some more drawings I want to 
Post up, so expect to see some new stuff as well as some more
old goodies.
-amber-

No comments: