Sunday, June 14, 2015

Completed and blocked Clairmore

Remember the Clairmore post I did a little bit ago? Well it's been blocked.
I'm still new at blocking knitted items, so this one didn't turn out as pretty as it should have (sorry Jess!), but I couldn't leave it unblocked because then you wouldn't have been able to see the lace design.

I'm wearing it here to demonstrate how it should look when worn, not entirely sure how to feel about it. It's soft and would probably be great at blocking the cold winter winds of Wisconsin, but probably not something she will use as an accessory in every day life...but I could be wrong.
Anyway. I've got a blue one knitted for my mom, I just need to block it, I'm going to review a few more blocking techniques before I do that though- to make sure I'm doing it right.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

No comments: