Monday, September 13, 2010

Horse


Shhhh, this horse hasn't been delivered yet! And it's actually not completed either. I just got word today that the commissioner of this piece would like me to blend the cheek area (so the veins are less visible) and the nose...as well as blacken the eye- pretty sure I saw the pupil in the photo I was working from, but what the commissioner wants, the commissioner gets. I actually really enjoyed drawing this horse- I wish I had a bigger scanner so I could fit it all in- there's a lot more of the neck visible in the real drawing. I'm going to make the adjustments tonight and then take a photo of it, maybe it won't look bad (I just really prefer scanned images to photos of drawings, you know?), then maybe I'll post the corrected image. I'm pretty sure you will all agree that the corrected image looks better than this one. But we shall see.

Sorry I've been so absent from posting drawings lately. It was a slow time there for awhile, and I think I needed the break. But my pencils are sharpened and ready and my sketchbook is standing by. Feel free to become a fan on Facebook (or I guess it's called "like" my page on facebook...which just sounds weird to me), A Shade Better Than Stick Figures TM and join in the fun of Sketchy Thursdays. Today is the day that you can start posting suggestions for drawings that you would like to see me draw (not from a photo, but just something that you think would be challenging for me...example: skydiving kitties; Cow in a tornado; a bus; butterflies, etc. You can also add if you want to see it cartoony, or realistic, or from still life, or whatever you think would be cool- or just leave that part up to me.), on Thursday I'll pick one suggestion and draw it over the weekend- posting the winning suggested drawing on Monday. Hope everyone participates. It's a weekly thing (granted the last 2 weeks I've been MIA on the project with other things I was working on)
It's good to be back in blogland and it's great to be back drawing.

No comments: