Friday, April 23, 2010

"Proxy"

The owner of this dog does not realize I drew her dog...so I hope she's cool with me having done so.
This too was another dog drawing I had been working on for the Paw Paw's Pooch Pow Wow last weekend that I was rained out of.

The basics: 8.5" x 11" on printer paper (hey, the stuff is cheaper than art paper and smooth...I like it)...6B, 4B, 2B, B, HB pencils were used.

Normally I don't do the shading in the background...but I'm totally going to let you in on a little secret...I screwed this drawing up and there was no way to hide my mistake without shading (drawing too dark leads to none-erasable marks). In the original photo (which of course I don't have) there is a book shelf behind the weenie dogs head (I love weenie dogs!)...but I was working from a printed picture as I snagged the image from facebook (I know the owner of the photo, it's not like I'm doing harm here...it's just for my drawing fix). Well, the image printed a little dark and I thought that Proxy's ear (that's the dog's name) was up a little more than it really was...by the time I realized it was a bookcase, I had already shaded way too darkly for it to be completely erased, and I was so far into the drawing that I really didn't want to have to start over...so I improvised. Hope it looks ok. Hope Shell likes it (I may or may not be drawing another picture of Proxy or another picture of a long haired red weenie dog looking really cute in some grass...I'm just saying.)

Anyway, I think that wraps up my over do update here on the blog...now if only I could get over to the website and update that too...hum...
***update***: the website has been updated!!! And also, the owner of Proxy, Shell, loves the drawing! Hehehe!!!! It's a great Friday! Bring on the weekend!

1 comment:

taniamc said...

Yay Proxy! Great job!