Friday, November 03, 2006

Painting progress


Picture #1:

This is how my painting started out ... my appologies for the lighting on all of these pictures, it's really hard to get a good picture when lighting in apartments sucks so bad.

I started drawing this for my mom. She wanted a flower painting for her room and didn't want to spend a crap load of $$ on a painting that I could do for her for free ... you gotta love being related to an artist, right?



Picture#2:


This is after I had gone over most of the painting with highlights and shadows ... Since I wasn't working from anything that I could see, but mearly my imagination it's hard to figure out where to go and what to do.

So between the first picture and this one is several weeks. Did I mention this is a mamoth painting? It's going to take me forever to finsih!





Picture #3:

So this is today ... 3 months after I began work on this painting. I added some more shadow to it.

I've got some flowers to go by now to get shadows and shapes and what-not. I'll be happy to see how all of this turns out. I'm actually growing quite fond of this painting myself, since it's been sitting on an eisel for 3 months in my dinning room/office.

It's funny, painting is not my strong suit. I can actually only work on this painting for about an hour before I get bored and go "hey, what's this feeling? Can it be that I actually want to draw something???" So yeah ... see next post, I've got another one of those great little geometric drawings ...

No comments: