Thursday, February 25, 2016

SHOES!!!!

I know, I'm all over the place! Knitting, crochet, drawing, painting...what is going on?

My sister-in-law had me hand draw Disney quotes on a pair of shoes for her at Christmas, so when she went to Disney World a few weeks ago she could wear them. She liked them so much she asked me to paint a pair of shoes for her for Daytona's Bike Week which is coming up.

She asked for a particular kind of sugar skull and some phoenix's that are apparently a "thing" with the Harley Davidson crowd.
The sugar skulls turned out fairly well...had a bit of trouble with the fabric paint I was using, but I think they look ok.
The phoenix's were a lot of fun to paint, I didn't have a clear idea of how they would turn out, but I'm fairly pleased with them.
Hopefully they won't get too scuffed during bike week...
I'm pretty proud of them.

Materials used: 1 pair 7.5 size Bob's in black canvas; Tulip matte fabric paint in White, Orange and Red; One small paint brush and several wooden toothpicks.

More posts to come this weekend, I've finished one of my WIPs!

No comments: