Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Pelicans

I finally caught a break and had a few minutes at work yesterday to complete this drawing for one of my co-workers. She has a thing for Pelicans and really wanted a drawing of them.
With the recent BP oil spill in the Gulf, I found it very fitting, sort of like a tribute to the Pelicans, since all I have been seeing on the news lately are oil covered birds. Makes me want to grab a big box full of bottles of Dawn hand soap and make a trip south to help out.

This is on 8.5" x 11" printer paper, using 4B, 2B, B, and HB pencils. I've been "working" on this for the last 3 weeks, but total time only took about 3 hours to complete.

Hopefully I'll have some more time today to work on a tattoo design I've been working on for over a month. It's really hard to only have a few hours after work to be creative, I'm really glad I got some free time during work hours yesterday.

1 comment:

taniamc said...

Its beautiful! I love it when you draws animals :)